Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Friday, July 15, 2011

Here are the onsite landscapes I did on my Port Macquarie trip last month.



I stopped and set up to paint at the base of the mountains where we had been walking.I was inspired by the late afternoon light on the valley.It was really peaceful and the only traffic I saw were my friends passing.They had gone on to do another walk and were now finished and going home. I was staying another night at Port Macquarie.
 I was enjoying myself immensely but unfortunately cloud came over.There was no longer any light on the landscape so there was no point in continuing.I could probably finish it with the aid of  the photos I took but I think I'll just leave it unfinished.
It was pretty late and I was half an hour from Port where I had to find somewhere to stay.I usually refer to road maps and topograhic maps if I go away on a trip but I was slack this time.I paid the penalty as I missed the turnoff and went another 20mins before I decide I had better retrack to find the right way. I arrived in the dark.
The next day I set up my Easel near the beach.It was a gorgeous morning and I was excited to see dolphins surfing the waves and generally playing in the surf!. I tried to get photos but they were too unpredictable.
I enjoyed painting and many locals walked past and complimented me on the painting. I had decided to just have fun and do my own thing but gave in after the 6th local said " are you going to put the monument on the headland?" and put it in..LOL"s
Almost done  

Just a quick guide to position
Marking in the shadows before the light changed.
I concentrated on the land because the shadows would change rapidly but I also wanted to plan my water ' attack' a bit.
I was having a ball just spreading paint around choosing the colours I wanted. I have to be very accurate with my usual commssioned portrait work  so I was relishing not worrying too much about accuracy.
I think it was about this stage that a group of Swedish backpackers who had camped on the point nearby came past and one of them wanted to buy the painting. I'm not keen on selling unfinished works so I didn't sell it. 
This one shows the view better.
This is what I completed on the day.I haven't done anymore since. Note the monument suggested on the far headland..LOL"s.Sorry the photo isn't very sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment