Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Thursday, September 1, 2011

Demo of the farmer and his dog

I know I had some photos of the very start and the sketch of this one but I can't find them so here are the earliest ones I have.
I sketched the whole painting up roughly with a few mistakes that I corrected as I went along.
Here I am just trying to cover the whole canvas with approximate colours.


This is what I did on the day at the horse event. I was too busy talking to get a lot done .I usually paint the whole painting to the same stage but I felt I needed to almost finish off the dog to show people what he would look like.

Now I've started to refine the farmers clothes. My aim is for the focus to be on the connection between the farmer and his dog with the rest of the painting not as important so I don't want to overdo the rest of the painting.
Now I have to do the farmers face, adjust the landscape a bit  and finish off the quad bike without getting too detailed..

No comments:

Post a Comment