Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Saturday, October 29, 2011

Little steps..

 
 Oct 19th
It's a beautiful sunny spring day and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.I've been dying to go for a trail ride and I actually went for a short one and survived! Zeuss is fat and full of energy ( well tired and quiet until he sees something he thinks is going to eat him..and then full of energy!).
He was a bit lame so I took it easy and we went up and said hello to a bull, a paddock full of cows and the stallion up the road. The poor stallion thought all it's Xmas's had come at once as it rarely sees other horses. It whinnied and whinnied at Z who wanted to go up and sniff noses but I told him that wasn't a good idea..
Oct 29th
I'm feeling very happy with myself. I've been wanting to take Zeuss down the lane to meet the other horses for months but I've been worried he'd spook at something or get wound up by them galloping around and scare me.
I finally went and we got past the scary cattleyards with hardly an eyebat , he started getting a bit tense but then saw another horse..!!!? I stopped him near the mare up the road and she nickered at him.He was in heaven! Then some of the new horses cantered up in the paddock the otherside of him. I just stood him there till they settled down- he was in double heaven! I had to give him a bit of a listen to me jab with my heels and we trotted off.
The next obstacle was the main road.He's pretty bomb proof in traffic but we hadn't been out for months. A horse truck came along and stopped for directions..Z couldn't believe it when these loud whinnies came from it as he passed! We survived the cattle truck without a problem.
He got all spooked once we re entered the bush near home which is weird as he usually settles down there but I got his mind on his work and he settled again..Great ! I'll have to keep taking little steps..

No comments:

Post a Comment