Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Monday, October 31, 2011

Todays portrait group portrait

We had a lovely girl as our model in our portrait group today! I was really inspired.It is rare to get a lovely model and a nice pose even then it's hard work staying still and even the prettiest model sags after a while .LOL"s
I might finish this one off sometime. She's much more subdued than my usual portrait group work. She had pale skin and I just felt I'd be more subtle for once to do her justice.If I do more to her I'll enhance the colours a little and tweak the likeness although it's pretty good.
I painted her differently too. Usually I do all the boring drab colours first and then finish off with the details but I decided today to do her features first and then the skin tones.More fun as you get a nicer result earlier!
Lydia  2.30hr Oil from a model unfinished

I thought I'd show you how big she is for once. This is the finish of the underpainting stage.
I painted in a different order today.I was impatient for results! Usually I do the skin tones first and then finish off with her eyes ,mouth and other details.
A bit further along. I left things more subtle than usual as she was so pale and beautiful I wanted to do her justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment