Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Monday, April 2, 2012

Poor old Zeuss..

 Zeuss

My horse Zeuss is very sensitive and has been eaten alive by mossies lately. He's sleep deprived from stomping and snatching at bugs.
 I had him up today to go for a ride and was grooming him and asked him to move his hindquarters over.He's really good with that sort of thing so when he came towards me and circled the wrong way for 2 laps and then tried to back up before he finally realise what I wanted I knew it was going to be an interesting ride!.lol's

Another hint was his constant yawning and him going to sleep as I groomed  zzzz... I'd just sprayed the bugs so they were giving him a bit of a respite and he was making the most of it to get micro sleeps.
He was too tired to muck up on the lunge and I was very impressed at how light , responsive and good he was to ride.I wasn't going to ride him very long or hard as I felt sorry for him. I asked for a fast canter and then to slow it and  he stumbled badly. It's a grassed arena and he can stumble occasionally but it doesn't worry me as he always gets it together. 
 I thought he'd had it today ( so did he). He went down onto his nose and travelled along on it for 4 or 5 strides before he managed to get up.He is a very comfortable horse to ride and even his stumbling rarely unseats me.
 I finished off soon after that as he was going well and I decided to quit while we were ahead.
 It wasn't till he was unsaddled that I saw his nose was bleeding from the inside so it was a painful stumble.. Poor thing. He seems ok though.

He looks alert but that's just because I called him and he thinks he's going to be fed! lol's.. See his left nostril..



After the ride although he was like that before!

No comments:

Post a Comment