Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Friday, April 4, 2014

The portrait group I paint with recently had their annual Exhibition . Here are photos of the opening night.

 I'm with the portrait I created for the exhibition - Homeward bound.
Below is my entry in the practise portrait section.
We had to pick one of our favourite 2.30hr portraits. I don't finish any of them off at home where as some other artist to. Mine is the LHS one. These sessions are where I play around with colour! This one was created back in 2012.

 We all had to do one 30 x 30cms square of a larger portrait and it was combined in this large mosaic .My bit is the hair above the lady walking - the stripey panel.


The idea was that each artist would find a Newcastle subject of 'note' and paint their portrait. You had to have one live session and then finish it from photos. Like a Newcastle version of the Archibald Art Prize!
Here is John with his portrait. The Novatone's barber shop singers sang at the opening and John is a member of that group as well.
 Some other entries - There are a wide variety of styles amongst us!




 The one above by Cliff had a background of very small photos of Lake Macquarie.
 The person runs Disability sailing on the Lake.





 Pam with her portrait.


 Unfortunately it is very hard to get a decent photo of paintings under glass as reflections obscure them. some were very good. I love both of these.

 Bob's portrait of Warren Smith - Lifeguard and Surfest organiser.
Bob created 2 portraits of Warren - even more amazing was that one was done left handed as his shoulder needed an operation.


 Bob Fussell from Fussell Marine Warner's Bay - accomplished dinghy sailor. Painted by his wife Kath. There were 3 sailing themed portraits including mine.

 Judith with her amazing portrait.

 Kay's portrait of Judy Stone the singer. It was in a bad location and backlit and it was very hard to get a decent photo of it. I didn't have enough time or space to create such a large portrait!
More 2.30hr practise portraits



 Lee Anne with her portrait.
Bob with Warren Smith and his portrait of Warren.

No comments:

Post a Comment