Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dianne this weeks 2.30hr portrait from a model


Early stages just getting a likeness in the acrylic underpainting. This can take up to 1.30hr of the session but I usually wait until I have a good likeness before I put oil over the top.I've been getting faster lately and on a good session can have an adequate likeness within an hour.

A bit better likeness. I loved the accidental drips of paint! I almost left it at this stage.
Starting to put the Oil paint over the top. I used to do all the dark bits of the oil first but lately I cheat and do the colourful bits and features first as it feels like I am getting the portrait done quicker! Also as it is over dry paint it won't go muddy so I can work like that.The usual procedure with Oil is to work from dark to light.
Getting there. We rarely get a flattering portrait as the spotlight we use is more for drama than anything else and rarely flatters the sitter. These are my practise portraits so that doesn't matter. If it was a commissioned portrait I'd make sure it was more flattering!

What I completed in the sitting. I am pretty happy with it. It's got good oomph and colour and a pretty good likeness although unflattering.. If I was to finish it off I'd add some detail to the eyes and make that area a little less dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment