Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My self portrait wins $750 art prize!


Local  Artist Sue Linton wins $750  1st prize.
Sue won  the Oil section at the Dobell Artshow at Rathmines at the weekend with her self portrait.
Sue is a professional portrait painter from Quorrobolong and paints pet and horse portraits as well as people.
Archibald entrant Sue regularly paints from models who pose for a group of artists and her self portrait was created as an entry for an exhibition put on by this group .
Like an Archibald entry the portrait was created largely from ‘life’ rather than all from a photo. A photo was used for the pose but then the colours and detailing were gathered from painting herself side lit in a mirror.

Sue said – ‘ I wanted to show me in the act of painting – to make the viewer feel I was about to place a brushstroke- and have a colourful and lifelike portrait. .’
 Sue’s mother Betty Linton who featured as Sue’s Archibald entry for last year , was responsible for starting the movement to preserve Dobell’s House in Wangi  after the famous painter died.
 
Artworks and artist displayed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment