Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Thursday, August 9, 2012

If you think your having a bad day read this..lol's

I was busy in the studio framing a secret Chihuaha portrait commission and I heard a dog  barking loudly. We don't hear many dogs out here.The neighbour's have dogs but you rarely hear them.I ignored it for a while but after 15mins I was getting pretty peeved so I looked outside to see where it was coming from.

I saw one of the local red kelpies on our place and thought  that was why the other dogs had gone off . It yelled at it and it ran off.

Back inside and the barking started again..I had to go inside the house to get something and when I got outside I saw the dog was back and about 50' away barking at a roo it had holed up the dam.  I chased it away again.

When they are chased roos instincts are to go straight into a dam where hopefully the dog can't reach them. Unfortunately for this one it's midwinter and the dam is freezing.
It was shivering like crazy and I knew if it didn't get out of the water soon it would die of shock and hyperthermia.

I  tried to shoo her out by going behind her but that only got her more scared and shivery. Then I got a broom as I thought if I touched her on the rump she'd would flee out of the water but she stood petrified  waist deep in icey water.
 I  decided to leave her alone and hope she'd have the wits to get out soon. Sure enough after 10 minutes she wobbled out. She could hardly stand up and just stood there shivering.I couldn't see any joey in the pouch so I hope the dog didn't get it.


Shiver , shiver...brr

It's overcast today but luckily not too much wind as yet so hopefully she will warm up and survive..
 Not a good day for her!





Dripping, cold ,soggy but safe... at least from the dog. You can see the water dripping from her in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment