Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Trent - an experimental 2.30 unfinished portrait from life



Yesterdays practise portrait from a model.The portrait painting group is where I go to experiment and be radical and learn. Lately I have been getting really conservative so I decided to push myself out of my comfort zone yesterday and go more colourful.
It's unfinished and I'm not happy with his forehead colour but I like the zap it has. Here is where I can try different colours and note which works and what doesn't . It's easy to tone down colour if necessary but much harder to paint in a colourful manner and still get a realistic / convincing result.

With this experimentation and practise I then have a bigger bag of skills for when I am doing a commissioned portrait. Unless I am asked for a colourful portrait I then use more subtle variations of what I have learnt . A portrait painted with this knowledge will still be more realistic and colourful than a photo.
 Cameras don't record all the colours our eye can see which is why photos of people are often quite bland and a good portrait so much more interesting and alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment