Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The memorial portrait of Bonnie




 Bonnie passed away a while ago and Greg asked me to create her memorial portrait as a secret gift for Kate.
We didn't have many sharp flattering photos of her but it was decided we'd use the favourite face photo of her taken outside and place it on a suitable body taken inside.
We chose a body with a typical pose. Another decision was whether to paint her with both ears natural or as she was in later life with one ear up and one down.
The framed portrait is approx 51 x 51cms.
 In memory of Bonnie
 Framed Oil

Here is what Greg said when I asked how the portrait unveiling went -
'It went wonderfully, Kate is delighted with her and is amazed (as is everyone else who has been around to see her) at your talent and loves that you've really captured Bonnie's expression beautifully!!! And I agree. I was explaining to Kate how I'd been worried about whether I'd chosen the right pose and expression, whether to go with pre or post floppy ear and so on but she couldn't be happier with what we went with, so thank you for your patience and guidance.

And thank you again for a wonderful and enduring portrait. We both love it and she sits in pride of place beside the door so that Kate can see her as she comes and goes each day.!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment