Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Monday, July 8, 2013

West Wallsend Heritage Mural continued..


 Primed and ready to go! 
Most artist get nervous  when they are going to start a painting and are  looking at a blank canvas- it's quite intimidating.. Imagine how I feel looking a a 2.4 x 6.7m blank canvas! lol's
Notice the large anthill in the foreground. Lucky it's winter and they are hibernating or doing whatever ants do in winter or I'd be eaten alive everytime I walked back to check how the mural was looking..
 I notice the mural gets the sun from quite early in the day. That will make it a bit more challenging as the paint dries almost as soon as it hits the panel which makes it hard to blend and soften effects. 
 Another thing to keep in mind is that at home the panels face NW and will be very glary to paint until I get rid of the white. They will also be in sunlight. When it is installed it will be facing East and not get much or any direct sun. I will need to take regular photos of the mural in the shade as I paint to check it looks bright enough. If you are painting a surface in bright light its easy to paint it too dull. It will have to look a bit over the top in sunlight so it is colourful in the shade once installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment