Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Monday, September 27, 2010

Eek..I better start planning my Archibald entry.

Well I just had an email from the paper and they want to come and take some photos of me when I paint mum and do a story..looks like I better get organised.I'vebooked her for next week but have no real idea of what I want to do..
You have to have several sittings where you paint from the model / mum rather than a photo.I prefer to work like that anyway as you can see many more colours in flesh etc than a camera can..I may have to finish from photos although working from photos it's easy to get bogged down in detail and lose any life you have captured from the live sittings.
The hardest part is coming up with a concept.I was only going to paint a small painting c 30 x 40cms initially as with Xmas coming I'm not going to have time to spend on a large one but now the paper wants to take a photo I may go up a size or so as it will look more impressive.I've got stage fright but I suppose I just do what I usually do which is aim for a colourful portrait with a likeness and try to capture her nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment