Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Here's a 2 1/2 hr Oil sketch I did from a model yesterday

A group of us paint from a model every two weeks.This is great training for painting portraits as you can see a lot more colours from life than in a photo.Photos generally show dark areas as black holes and flesh tones as pasty pink which they aren't viewed in real life.
This is where I experiment with wild colours and techniques..These sketches  aren't finished as they are done in a few hours but I like the rawness of some of them. I am still feeling my way but I eventually want to be able to use bold colours but get a realistic result.
I use this knowledge to make my commisssions a bit more interesting colour wise although I am much more conservative with them . If you would like your portrait to be a gusty colourful portrait let me know !
2.30hr Rough Oil sketch
 I feel I've captured something of her personality in this one. This is the advantage of working from life.If someone  makes a little gesture ( like the half opened mouth ) you can sometimes capture the moment and it gives it more interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment