Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Here is the secret mothers day portrait I did of Aarky

Arky was a Russian blue cat .Jessica's mum was horrified when Aarky was run over a month ago . Jessica thought that a portrait would help her mum deal with his death and be a moving mothers day gift.
 She didn't have any good photos and the one she first suggested wasn't usable. I managed to use a blurry flashed out head photo and place it on another photo of his body to come up with a portrait.

Here is the first photo that Jessica provided.
I didn't want to  paint from this photo as it is too far away , dark and featureless and I knew the portrait wouldn't be very good.
After looking through other photos Jessica found I suggested using this head
This photo wasn't very good either as it wasn't sharp and his eyes are ruined by the flash but it was the only one that might be usable to add to this body..which is a lovely photo of his blue coat but you can't see Aarky's lovely green eyes. Jessica wanted me to show his blue colour and green eyes .

Here is the final portrait .
Aarky 
 20 x 25cms framed Pastel

' Yes mum loved the portrait!  She cried. He's now hanging in our living room. '
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment