Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Myall lakes kayak trip

My partner & I went kayaking on Myall Lakes on the mid north coast NSW yesterday. After we left the launching spot we had the place all to ourselves.The only sound was the sounds of bird life and the booming of distant surf. It was lovely!

This is probably 1/3rd of the way across and 6-8' deep but you can still see the weed underneath.
The water was very cold.You wouldn't want to fall in but it was very clear. It was weird being halfway across the lake and you could see the weed on the bottom ..probably 12 foot below.It was a sunny day but cool with a light wind.

View from Shelley beach

Going across to the islands in the middle
Two of the islands which were too rocky to land on
We had lunch on an isolated island .With lunch came the only downside of the day..The @## army decided to have a jet dog fight over the lakes .It was deafening for about 30mins..NOT impressed.Why can't they go out to sea where they won't affect anyone.It also grates that there are so few areas where you can get away from the hustle and bustle and yet they have this sort of activity that wrecks the ambience of national parks.




At least the rest of the day was peaceful ( other than when I was distracted looking for a distant jet I could hear & grounded on a large rock sticking out of the deep water..ouch..luckily only a few deep scratches on the underside of the kayak..)




 
Almost back 

 It was beautiful at the end with hundreds of black swans all honking around us.
I was aching at the end but I was quite happy with myself as it was 17.5kms and I haven't paddled for 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment