Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Sunday, December 18, 2011

A creek bushwalk

My partner and I went for a bushwalk yesterday.  This walk was a loop walk we'd both done several times years ago with a bushwalking club.The plan was to walk along a disused ( hardly noticable) logging track to the end of the ridge go down into the creek and follow it for a few kms and then back up another ridge and another logging track and back to the car.
 We took a map and compass but we were a bit slack navigating as we'd done it before and figured you couldn't really get lost..


It was nice easy walking along the ridge.The only way you'd know it was once a logging track was that there weren't any larger older trees there. Setting off down into the creek we encountered a thick patch of scrub with ' lawyer' vine or 'wait a while vine'. It's called that as it grabs you with its thorns and won't let go.I even got scratches through my long pants and sleeves..My partner wasn't impressed and suggested we turn back but we decided to push on another 15mins to see if it got better. 5 mins later we were out of it and into a lovely little side creek that led into the main one.
I haven't done a trackless walk for quite a while and I love the feeling that hardly anyone has ever been there before - other than the occasional logging stump there was no sign of man , no litter , no weeds and only the sound of the running water and birds.
 It was really lovely and peaceful.The creek was about 3-4' wide and the water clear and clean.1st time I've drunk from a creek for a while!Back in the 80's we used to always rely on drinking the water where we bushwalked but these days with more settlement and people it can be a bit risky. There is no human activity anywhere that could pollute this one.
We ambled along taking heaps of photos. I didn't have a tripod so my photos are hand held and not as sharp as they could be ( it's quite dark down there.)


We had a few friendly leeches who wanted to come along on us for a feed but the insect repellent we put on our shoes seemed to keep most of them away.
Looks like a leech had a nice feed and then dropped off..

Walking back out along the ridge I was feeling pretty proud of myself..Cripes..its only taken us 3hrs .This used to be a full day walk I must be fitter than I thought..Then my partner said ' Isn't this the same ridge we walked in on? '. Bummer.. we had hardly gone any distance along the creek and turned up back on the same ridge we entered on..saving about a 5km walk..Next time we'll pay more attention to the map..Oh well at least we were home for lunch .

The creek wasn't very big but the water was clean , it was pretty , peaceful and easy walking.
Surrounding vegetation
The water was beautiful and clear and ok to drink.
The weather here has been pretty average this season 95% overcast and cool (not that I mind that) but this weather is ideal for creek walking as it's not too hot and the lighting is great for photos.If you get sunshine it is too contrasty for the camera to cope with. Creeks never photograph as well as they are in the flesh ( like most things I suppose).One day I'll have to work out how to get my easel to one so I can paint..and work out how to avoid the leeches if I stand in one spot for too long..lol's

No comments:

Post a Comment