Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Palettes & Kero

I lay out my oil paints on a white rectangular laminex 'plate' called a palette.( See photo).
I mix my colours in the centre. Every portrait ends up with different variations of colours mixed and to simplify things so I don't have to throw away paint and remix colours every day I cover each in gladwrap and freeze them. The paint stays good for weeks that way.
I have all 3 palettes used at the moment - one left over from the portrait group , one from my last demo and one from my last portrait so I had to clean them all down to get a clean one to start Country Tide. I have to brush kerosene on them and leave it for a while to soften any dried paint and then I scrape it off and clean the palettes with a rag.
I was feeling a bit whoozy and realised the kero was getting to me as I needed to open the door to get airflow..ugh..
All done so now I can put out my Oils to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment