Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The creation of Destiny

I started painting Destiny at a horse event. He had several background colour changes along the path to his creation!
 Here he is early at the event.
This was how he was at the end of the demo at the horse event.I quite liked the pale background but felt he didn't have enough impact.
Here he is at home and I'm experimenting with backgrounds.Suzie had shown me another painting with a background she liked so I was guided by that but altered things a little to suit Destiny.
I liked this one but felt he needed a bit more oomph..
I asked my partner what he thought of this versions background and he said he liked it and it was classy.For once I took his advice and decided to email Destiny through and see what Suzie thought. My partner has an irritating habit of being right even when I don't agree with him! LOL's
Suzie didn't like the background . She thought it was a bit too stunning , in your face  preferring a subtler one although she did say that other people could love it.
Here is the finished Destiny. It isn't just a case of changing the background colour as its colour affects the whole of the portrait. When you change a background you have to incorporate subtle colours from the new background throughout the portrait so it works as a whole.I also continued refining , doing his eye and getting a good likeness.
Destiny
35x 35cms image size
Framed Oil.

Framed

No comments:

Post a Comment