Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Friday, November 11, 2011

Gresford - Allynbrook - Gresford cycle

My partner had a day off today and as it was a bit cooler today  we went up the valley and did a cycle ride. It will soon be too hot to ride so we're making the most of it.
The Hunter Valley is looking great after all the rain .This ride has several river crossings on fords and I went for a quick fully clothed dip as it was pretty humid and warm .It worked out well as I was still damp at the end so I didn't notice the heat.
I'll make the photos larger so you can see them better.


Heading out from East Gresford
 
River at Allynbrook
 This is a photo taken back in 2009 to show the first ford where I had a dip to the left of the picture.We went the opposite direction  today.

General views at Mount Rivers
View to the right of the previous photo
The road was gravel for about 5kms here and a bit dodgy .You had to be careful to stay in the smoother bits although it is still a 2 lane road. 
Recommend mountain bikes with suspension.Go early in the morning and the roads are very quiet . The Lostock Rd can probably get a bit busy in peak hours at weekends ( maybe get a dozen or more cars).LOL"s Today once we got off the road to Allynbrook we saw one truck carrying hay bales and one car.
Swing bridge property car entrance over the river.
Taken in 2009 - to show the general river scenes on the way back

The road winds around the hills. This is  going back towards Gresford.I am standing on one corner and there is a km or more of winding road before this pic. My partner is the tiny white dot.Some great downhill runs..& some uphill grinds ..zzz
I have a habit of whinnying at any horse I pass.I don't know what I say but they usually whinny back and run around. This little guy put on quite a show!
Once I was bushwalking with a group on Barrington Tops and the brumbies were nearby. I did my whinny thingy and the stallion got all excited and started to come over. My fellow walkers told me to stop it as they were scared of what he'd  do..LOL"s
It was a lovely cycle although I'm tired now..I don't feel like packing the car for tomorrow's dog show but I better get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment