Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rays portrait

Ray
20 x 30cms
Oil on gallery wrap canvas
 
Here's one from the archives.I was going to post the reference photo but I can't find it..grr
You can also have me paint portraits of people- friends , family members etc.
Some artists can paint dogs ok maybe cats , less can paint a good horse and even less can paint people well-they may do a nice portrait of a horse but the rider just doesn't quite cut it.
Because I regularly practise painting portraits from a person in a live sitting rather than a photo I can provide a more natural portrait than someone who has only painted from photos.
When you are painting from 'life' you can see things a photo can't - photos make everything look very flat & 2D , with no depth.The dark areas of the face are often just drab/ blackish and the light areas pink or white.
When you are painting with a person sitting in front of you your eye can see there are all sorts of subtle colours in those areas. With regular practise and experimentation I can use this experience to liven up my portraits painted from photos so they look more realistic.

Ray had cancer. I painted his portrait from an earlier photo taken with a flash but I used more colour and made him younger and happier.
At his funeral the portrait was placed on the coffin as a nice memory of better times and it now hangs on his wife's wall where she can remember the good times they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment