Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another secret gift portrait I've just completed - Ziggy + Darby

I've done many portraits for Carol who has a security and dog training business
http://www.shadowhawk.com.au/

We were concentrating on her own dogs that had passed away.She intended to do a portrait for her sister at some time.Her sister recently lost Ziggy unexpectedly so Carol moved this portrait forward.She had just taken some photos of both dogs the week before Ziggy died but was disappointed when she saw the photos as both dogs had their eyes in shadow .Always look for things like that when you take photos ( digital cameras are great as you can generally check what you have taken then and there)..Retake them from a different angle to the sun. The photo was also very boring and  B and W in colour - but it WAS sharp!
Reference photo Ziggy at the back and Darby front.
I chose this photo of the two from a lot Carol supplied as I thought it had potential for a nice design in a portrait. Carol said I could enhance the colours and I started her portrait as a demo painting at an event.I changed the postions of the dogs for a better design and it also meant Ziggy ( who passed away) would be at the front. Here is the portrait.
Ziggy and Darby
20 x 50cms
Oil on gallery wrap canvas
Carol hasn't unveiled the portrait yet but said it was ok to show it on the internet. It feels good to be able
to create a portrait like this and I hope it helps ease her sister's grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment