Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Monday, August 2, 2010

Back to the large horsey commission..Its almost done , at the fine tuning stage.It's tricky as its a big painting and will be viewed from about 4 - 5m' away so I have to have it bold enough to be impressive from that far away but also 'read' accurately from closeup.I get a likeness in the face closeup but then you cant see it from the viewing distance.When I make everything more obvious so it's ok from a distance it loses the likeness.It doesn't help that the face is only 3/4 inch long. Small portraits re very critical - you get a mark a mm out and the likeness is gone.In a 7m mural you could get a mark 15cms out & it wouldnt make a difference.I might wait for the face to dry & have a fresh look tomorrow.At least if its dry & I stuff up I can just wipe the mistake off without taking the whole lot off.I've really enjoyed creating this painting and I'm looking forward to seeing it framed as it will be very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment