Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Thursday, October 7, 2010

1st sitting for the portrait of mum for my Archibald entry..

I started on the portrait of mum I'll be entering in the Archibald.I had a 2hr sitting with her yesterday.It was cramped as the only place that had nice lighting was out in her sitting room with her sitting near the window but the easel was cramped up & I had to back into the toilet to get back to see how things were going! I'm only doing a head and shoulders portrait but we had nice daylight streaming in through the window for sidelighting.I was really happy with the underpainting half way through but kept going as you must and had to leave it at a yuck stage as I was getting worse and she was tired.I'll have to correct the likeness here and then go out & start with Oil over the top next time.. + call the paper.I'd like to get onto it soon but next week is looking busy..

No comments:

Post a Comment