Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 11 on the mural

Day 11- 

I've got company muraling today. About 50 roos are lazing about in the sun 30 ' away. I've got a headcold so I must admit I'm tempted to laze with them but I'm still enjoying muraling ( inbetween nose blowing lol's).










This one is lucky the electric fence wasn't on! lol's

Back to the mural- 

  I finished off the grasstree and then  started on the lighthorse and monument with new reference photos .The photos will be used for the general proportions . I won't be trying to get a likeness. Thanks Charmaine for the photos!



 
Above - the earlier grasstree



 Here's the finished one above. I think I might go and add some more darks to this one. Although I like the colour it needs to be a bit darker.
Below - starting to roughly block in the horse rider and monument. The blotchiness is dappled shade on the mural. The last one is in good light.








At the end of today's work. Getting there! I have to change the colour of the box surrounding the horse and rider. You can see the colour rough below the mural . It has to be more like that. Looking at the photo below I think I also need to make the darks in the riders clothes more obvious from a distance.




No comments:

Post a Comment