Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Thursday, August 29, 2013

Putting the clear gloss coat on the mural

I'm not a real fan of acrylic paint - house paint or otherwise.It can do a good job but I like the way that you mix a colour with oil and place it on your painting and it dries the same darkness and gloss. Acrylic paint dries darker and drab. You have to allow for that by mixing the colour a little lighter and then using varnish at the end to bring the colours back out'
I was a little disappointed in the mural because it had dried drab but I just put the first coat of clear coat gloss on it and it's come up beautifully! The colours are brighter and the blacks lovely and glossy.It was a bit scary as the clear coat was designed to be put on a horizontal surface and was very runny.It also went on milky and dried clear- I was nervous as to how it would go but I'm very happy with it!
I'll leave it 24hrs and do another layer.It doesn't matter how good a quality brush you use they always seem to leave hairs in the mix! I had to have a smaller one to pick them off before it dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment