Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just been on a roll and done more of mum's portrait..its turned the corner thank goodness!

Just been on a roll and done mum's portrait. I decided to change the pose a bit.I know where I'm going now.I've still got to change the colour of her clothes to bugundy and that will make a big difference.Also adjust the background colours a bit and continue to refine & restate her features to get a bit of zap back in.
 Idecided to change the pose as she wasn't looking at you and I liked this other pose where you get a bit of an impish little girl look and she is looking at you so it is more personal. The right eye is bigger than the left at the moment ..I'll even them out as I go along plus I think she needs darker areas in her hair and shaded side of the face.Whenever I go past I notice things and write a list of " to dos" for when I get back to it..It's harder to see errors in a large work as the detail gets in the way and you can't get far enough back to see the overall effect in the studio.The best thing I do is take a photo and then I can easily see in a smaller version what needs fixing. This method is especially helpful if you are painting a mural which is really large!

No comments:

Post a Comment