Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Tuesday, December 7, 2010

They don't stay blue!

For those of you that haven't seen this one before..This is another African woman model that I painted at portraits but decided to finish off more at home.This is the blue underpainting .
Now Im starting to add colour in Oil.This is about where I had the portrait of mum when the paper took the photos.


This is where I finished in the 2.30hr session from the model.
As this portrait was just for me and not a commission I could stop at whatever stage I want to.I could have easily left it like this.

I was inspired to keep painting as Edith had a lovely serene nature that I wanted to capture in the portrait.This is the finished portrait after more hours at home from the reference photos.
 The latest portrait model " Valerie" ( earlier post)  has a similar serene aristocratic nature but I won't continue with her portrait.I'm happy to have succeeded in getting some zap in the colours and a likeness..

No comments:

Post a Comment