Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Monday, December 6, 2010

portraits again

Another portrait 'class' ( no teacher ..experiment and teach yourself). We had a gorgeous black Zambezi model.. her nature is as lovely as she looks..Everyone was very quiet today.I think they were intimidated by her beauty and trying to capture it. Although Valerie ( the model) liked my portrait of her and said it looked like her I was a bit disappointed.. 2.30hrs isn't long enough to really get a good enough result if you wanted to finish it off a bit more.Still I am happy with the glow I got with the colours..



Also when she came closer I could see another reason. I am set up about 20 ' away from her and I just can't see well enough to do her justice. When she came up close I could see all these gorgeous greens and yellows in her flesh but at a distance she just looks black / brown..Unfortunately due to space constraints you can't set up your easel any closer..oh well at least it stops me from getting bogged down in detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment