Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm preparing for another public painting day

I'm going to be working on a commissioned portrait -  the large double horse portrait .I have it roughly underpainted.You normally work from dark to light colours and rough to more refined as you finish but I've had to leap ahead and put some of the finishing colours on ( just a few marks) as I will be painting outside in bright light.Now I know what colours I need to use for it to look ok inside.


Bright light shows colours well but normal inside light is duller so you need to paint more brightly to allow for that. It may look a bit over the top at the demo but I dont want to get it home & then have to brighten it up.

I won't be under shelter and the forecast is a bit iffy so I hope the rain holds off for the day.It's a public holiday tomorrow so I probably won't get any work done in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment