Welcome to my Blog

I'm a professional award winning Portrait artist from NSW Australia.

Not just a likeness- portraits with Life!
I bring your photos to life in paintings that will touch your heart!

A photo freezes a moment while a painting melts hearts.

Capture a moment in their life and
keep it alive in an Heirloom Portrait !

"Your portraits capture more life than a photo ever could!"
Vanessa.



Satisfaction Guarantee .

Have me create a special portrait just for you!.
Supply the photos and then plan the great unveiling!


I have original animal and landscape artworks available for sale on my website.

Learn more at my website-


https://www.suelinton.com.au/wordpress/




Sunday, March 27, 2011

Walking wounded.

Well I'm hobbling around on home made crutches..grr.I went crewing on a raceboat ( yacht) after sailboarding yesterday.The wind was strong and we had too much sail up.I've strained my ankle.My partner went on another yacht and came home with a pulled muscle in his chest so we're both the walking wounded.I think we're getting too old to crew.We need our own boat were we can rig correctly for the conditions and get more powerful whinches.


I think I did it when I was on the foredeck .The boat deck was at 45 degrees and I had to get on the lower side and lift the headsail up over the lifelines where it was caught. The deck is open and slipperyso you could easily slip and fall through the lifelines.I had to grab a staunchion ( post) on the uphill side and lower myself to the other side and jam my foot up against another staunchion so I was in safe position to do the job.It was a long reach and all my weight went onto that ankle.I didnt feel it at the time but it started to stiffen up as I left the boat and it  was a real problem driving.

My partner made me some homemade crutches but well have to go in and get some real ones today.It was really painful yesterday but if I keep off it its not too bad today.I thought I might do some more painting but I have to stand to paint as I have a crook neck..The joys of getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment